Welcome to the Cruitly Security Center
Cruitly is dedicated to providing the safest possible environment for you to search for jobs and manage your career. To assist with that goal, we ask that you keep a few simple security precautions in mind when evaluating job postings on Cruitly and job opportunities that you may receive via email.
Regrettably, all online companies are susceptible to scams. While Cruitly makes every effort to prevent this abuse, it is not immune to such activity. To help you conduct a safer job search, we've assembled the following security-related articles and resources. Familiarizing yourself with this information will help you better manage your career.
cruitly.com is committed to providing the safest possible environment for you to search and apply to jobs and manage your career.
How can I protect myself from job scams?
Top ways to avoid job scams are –
- Do not share personal information including Aadhaar , Passport number, etc
- Do not share credit/debit card details, CVV number, OTP
- Do not disburse any payment either on their website or through account transfer
- Conduct thorough research of the company
- Check online reviews of the company
Advice from students who have fallen victim to online fraud
- Don’t make personal and sensitive information visible on your social media profiles.
- Never part with money up front for background checks or admin fees.
- If invited to do a phone interview, make sure the interviewer phones you - (you may be at risk of a premium rate number scam).
- Don’t accept money for nothing (money mule), for ‘working from home’ scams.
- Don’t share any information until you have met face-to-face, and then only when you’re sure it’s a genuine company.
You can identify a job scam using the following signs –
- No experience required: Be cautious of the ads that say “anyone can do the job!”
- On the spot hiring/ telephone interview: Reliable companies conduct thorough research to analyze their potential employee before issuing an offer letter
- Demands you to pay money: NEVER PAY MONEY TO GET A JOB! No legitimate company will ever ask you to pay for the job!
- Salary beyond expectations: Spammers often lure desperate job seekers with high salary packages!
- You are asked to reveal personal information/ bank details: Please do not share personal information or credit card/ debit card number, OTP, CVV number.
- Poorly written job ads: Poor writing skills, incorrect grammar and unclear job descriptions are signs of a dubious job offer
- Personal email accounts: Genuine companies always display their web presence. In case of consultants, apply due diligence for whom they are hiring
- No knowledge about the hiring company and job role: Be alert! Legitimate companies do have some web presence and require at least some qualification and skill for all job roles.
Please do not provide your credit card or debit card details, bank information, CVV number or OTP number over phone, email or on their website. Before your respond to any email/ call, we suggest you to do a discreet enquiry and be sure to verify the authenticity of the person with whom you are interacting.